Author Topic: Kamala Harris Says Guilty Verdict For Derek Chauvin Isn’t Enough  (Read 361 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kamala Harris Says Guilty Verdict For Derek Chauvin Isn’t Enough
The Federalist, Apr 20, 2021

Vice President Kamala Harris said that while the jury in former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s trial may have found him guilty of murdering George Floyd, their verdict is not enough to “heal the pain that existed for generations.”

“Let’s say there is a guilty verdict on the highest charge, it will not take away the pain of the Floyd family. It will not take away the pain of the communities, all communities, regardless of their color or geographic location, that felt sadness and anger in what they witnessed in that video,” Harris told CNN on Tuesday shortly before Chauvin was convicted on all charges.

While Harris signaled that the “consequence and accountability” for Chauvin is a step in the right direction, she continued to spout off why judicial justice won’t remedy the “pain” caused by years of what she has previously called rogue policing.

“This verdict is but a piece of it and it will not heal the pain that existed for generations, that has existed for generations among people who have experienced and first-hand witnessed what now a broader public is seeing because of smartphones and the ubiquity of our ability to videotape in real-time what is happening in front of our faces. And that is the reality of it,” Harris continued.

Others echoed Harris’s words after the jury’s verdict was announced on Tuesday afternoon. The vice president’s sister Maya Harris claimed that a “just verdict is not the same as justice.”

More: https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/20/kamala-harris-says-guilty-verdict-for-derek-chauvin-isnt-enough/

Offline skeeter

F&$# the VP.

I can’t take any more of this $%#@.

Offline dfwgator

More bleeping faux sanctimony.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The queen of sucking off men forgot the Call Girls 1st rule.  The only difference between a C unt and a Whore is a whore knows who she is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

F&$# the VP.

I can’t take any more of this $%#@.
Ditto. I feel like my head is going to explode.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org