Author Topic: Trump Has Taught Me to Fear My Fellow Americans  (Read 3270 times)

Offline DB

Re: Trump Has Taught Me to Fear My Fellow Americans
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 08:29:39 am »
... his "the judge is Mexican" remarks on Friday ...

Is absolutely toxic and now the Republicans own it. It is shocking at how fast he's burning bridges thinking he can bully his way through whatever resistance comes his way. He's use to being the boss without any dissent and it shows.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:38 am »
Is absolutely toxic and now the Republicans own it. It is shocking at how fast he's burning bridges thinking he can bully his way through whatever resistance comes his way. He's use to being the boss without any dissent and it shows.

But the wall!  He's gonna build a yuge wall and the Mexicans are gonna pay for it!!!!
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 11:47:35 am »
But the wall!  He's gonna build a yuge wall and the Mexicans are gonna pay for it!!!!

Assuming you want to, @Cowboyway, how would you stop the flood of illegal immigration?  I'm interested in knowing.  You may have a better way.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:48:04 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 11:49:10 am »

He knows what he's doing.  He's destroying first and foremost, the conservative moment, and second, the Republican party.  He's in this to throw the election to the Clintons, just as Perot's only purpose was to beat the Bush's he personally hated, and toss the election to Clinton.  Perot was a long time Democrat and FOB.   Trumps been running the same playbook.  He just didn't expect to be at the top of the GOP ticket.

However, I believe Trump learned from his racketeering days, when you're bought, you stay bought. Oh, his price will go up - he'll be 100 times richer after he loses 50 states, the GOP Senate, and half the GOP seats in the house, via government contracts and 3rd party deals.  His kids will receive appointments and rewards, too.  I'm sure Melania will be Ambassador to somewhere.   All the Trump's will get paid, but Trump will lose big time in November.

Every single act he takes, makes it impossible for the GOP as a party to back track on his positions.  He's forever branding the GOP as a loser.  That is his intention. 

This stuff he's doing and saying is calculated.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:39 pm »
I agree.  Islam as a system of governance is completely incompatible with the Constitution and traditional American and Christian values.

The question is, how do we deal with the issue?

We have to reevaluate one of our foundational assumption;    That all religions should be tolerated.   

Apparently that one is demonstrably false.   The founders made a mistake when they put that one in our constitution.   

The problem is,   so many people are heavily invested in this concept as an absolute,   but it is a weight we can no longer carry.    Unfortunately,   too many people will insist that we continue to carry it even thought it has become clear that protecting and enabling a religion that represents a true threat to our system of governance will eventually result in the destruction of our form of government.   

The first function of any government system is to protect it's own existence.   

Trump's blunt little tools would possibly solve the problem in the short run but would leave a constitutional mess in it's wake.

I disagree.   I am of the opinion that the 20th century interpretation of the "no religious test"  clause is inaccurate.   A quick reading of the words implies that our National government was intended to be religion neutral,   but this argument is not really supported by the facts extent at the time.   

Even the Constitution itself exempts the President from working on the Christian Sabbath day,  and it concludes with a recognition of  Jesus as "our lord."   

The "No Religious test"  clause was not intended to elevate Islam to the same level of tolerance and acceptance as Christianity,   it was intended to prevent conflicts arising from the fact that many of the Colonies had official state religions at the time,   and many were fearful that doctrinaire tests for a particular denomination of Christianity would be used to bar people from a different denomination of Christianity from holding public office.    (Such as the old Catholic vs.  Protestant conflict.)   

The usage of the word "religion"   in context would better be represented by the word "denomination."   In 1787 it was accepted as a given that the nation was Christian,   and no serious consideration was given to the idea that it would ever be anything else.   The issue at the time was whether denominational conflicts might blow the coalition apart,   and so that clause was added to reassure people that there would be no doctrinaire prohibitions from holding power in the new government,  not to open the door to Muslims.   

In other words,   that clause does not mean what modern people think it means.   They are interpreting it by 20th century standards,   not 18th century standars. 

On the other hand, how do you encourage assimilation by people who adhere to a religious driven culture that is incompatible with the American system?

You should not do it.  Islam is a pathogen.   Once you let it infect your body,   it will grow until it kills you.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 01:19:39 pm »
I have to wholeheartedly AGREE with this.

We used to believe that American culture was THE CULTURE everyone must aspire to, and insisted that immigrants coming here assimilate into.

The liberty we once had, UNIQUE and FRAGILE in all the world's history came FROM and BY the American culture most Americans now (thanks to Leftist indoctrination) think is no better or worse than any other culture.  Like everything else, our culture has been killed by moral relevance: lofting up antithetical and evil beliefs and practices as equally moral as what once existed as morality here.  Lately, the teaching is that every culture in the world is BETTER than our culture, and WAS better until we harmed it somehow.

The only folks I've ever talked with who think differently, are those of us who have lived in the cesspools of other cultures overseas.

Islamic culture as it exists in the rest of the world ESPECIALLY is WHOLLY ANTITHETICAL to the very foundations of liberty you enjoy.  It's very doctrinal focus is centered on conquest by the sword once they have numbers enough to mount such an effort.

But unless or until the American people recapture our own heritage, religion and culture and demand it everywhere - we are going to be conquered.

Well said.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 01:25:39 pm »
The writer is attacking Trump for all the wrong reasons.

The real danger with Trump is that the buffoon risks delegitimizing real issues threatening this country. Once he's finished there won't be a politician alive who will touch the illegal immigrant issue nor dare question muslim immigration.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 01:29:58 pm »

The real danger with Trump is that the buffoon risks delegitimizing real issues threatening this country. Once he's finished there won't be a politician alive who will touch the illegal immigrant issue nor dare question muslim immigration.

That is another reason why Trump is toxic. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 01:45:23 pm »

They will either touch it,  or our system of governance will collapse.    Doing nothing is only an option in the manner that suicide is an option.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 03:59:05 pm »
Assuming you want to, @Cowboyway, how would you stop the flood of illegal immigration?  I'm interested in knowing.  You may have a better way.

Not only do I advocate stopping illegal immigration, I would put temporary stop on ALL immigration.

How?  The Cruz way: secure the border, enforce existing immigration laws, and reform the legal immigration system.  In addition, Cowboyway would authorize the use of deadly force for anybody crossing the border illegally.

The border needs to be secured now.  Not in 30 years after Trump's Folly is completed.  We have laws and the manpower to secure the border without adding a whole new Wall Agency to the bloated federal government.

Does that answer your question?
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

@Cowboyway , @Right_in_Virginia

You start be removing the incentives to come here illegally. Punish employers. Repeat offenders severely. No freebees as in no public school for their children, no healthcare, no public food and how about no drivers licenses... No anchor babies. An illegal should not be able to own real property. Get caught here illegally more than once, go to prison and then deported.

In short, make it a bad experience to be here illegally. That will go a long way to getting the problem under control.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:28:01 am by DB »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 06:41:35 pm »
Writer of this screed fails to understand or is practicing Taqiyah when he claims islam is a religion.

It is not...it may be promoted as one, but is not.  It is a form of governance using a claim of "faith" to support it.

So in my mind, it's not a religious "test" as this pantywaist attempts to claim.

If Trump understands this, then that is a good sign.  If he's going to pander to leftists and islamists, then screw him.

BLOAT.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »
Writer of this screed fails to understand or is practicing Taqiyah when he claims islam is a religion.

It is not...it may be promoted as one, but is not.  It is a form of governance using a claim of "faith" to support it.

So in my mind, it's not a religious "test" as this pantywaist attempts to claim.

If Trump understands this, then that is a good sign.  If he's going to pander to leftists and islamists, then screw him.

BLOAT.

Thumbs Up; so a Theocracy like that Arkansas gun range owner said:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/30/arkansas-firing-range-owner-declares-it-a-muslim-free-zone/

And that is what it is; a Theocracy.  That may be what Iran, Saudi Arabia and a few other of those countries are.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:47:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 02:27:33 am »
@Cowboyway , @Right_in_Virginia

You start be removing the incentives to come here illegally. Punish employers. Repeat offenders severely. No freebees as in no public school for their children, no healthcare, no public food and how about no drivers licenses... No anchor babies. An illegal should not be able to own real property. Git caught here illegally more than once, go to prison and then deported.

In short, make it a bad experience to be here illegally. That will go a long way to getting the problem under control.

@DB

I agree ... but this is after the wall, IMHO, because what you propose (and I agree with) is going to be tougher.  Doable, but tougher.  We've got to stop the flood first.   :beer:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 03:09:10 am »
@DB

I agree ... but this is after the wall, IMHO, because what you propose (and I agree with) is going to be tougher.  Doable, but tougher.  We've got to stop the flood first.   :beer:

The wall is a great idea and I support it 100%. Undfortunately Trump says it's a suggestion only and is negotiable. His words.

"Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president," Donald Trump said. "Everything is a suggestion, no matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

So he is not to be trusted to build that wall. And he wants touchback amnesty to begin with so the Trump wall is a multibillion dollar waste of money.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:09:55 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 08:09:57 am »
@DB

You do realize that there was legislation passed 10 years ago to build the wall right?  Just like with Reagan's 1984 slogan "Make America Great Again" Trump is stealing someone elses idea and using it as his own...banking on the fact people aren't smart enough to remember history.

And besides...what is the wall going to do to address the 40% of those here illegally that walked through the front door?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 08:18:15 am »
You do realize that there was legislation passed 10 years ago to build the wall right?  Just like with Reagan's 1984 slogan "Make America Great Again" Trump is stealing someone elses idea and using it as his own...banking on the fact people aren't smart enough to remember history.

And besides...what is the wall going to do to address the 40% of those here illegally that walked through the front door?

Keep more from getting in.

All kidding aside, I look at the wall as a way to stop Democrats more than illegals. I mean the Democrats born here. The ones in DC (And Obama too).

We put all sorts of 'smart fencing' up already. We put Guard on the border already. The democrats just scream, the media screams and people in both parties scramble to ensure the Guard is unarmed and inland and that the routes stay un smartfenced. The wall, once built, is a $10,000,000,000 reminder to the American idiots that they paid to keep illegals out. And it will be much harder to remove it than install it.

Thus the Dems lose all the bennies from more illegals as an issue.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 09:09:02 am »

All kidding aside, I look at the wall as a way to stop Democrats more than illegals. I mean the Democrats born here. The ones in DC (And Obama too).

Hence the reason they are turning to giving felons the right to vote again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 12:28:41 pm »
The wall is a great idea and I support it 100%. Undfortunately Trump says it's a suggestion only and is negotiable. His words.

"Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president," Donald Trump said. "Everything is a suggestion, no matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

So he is not to be trusted to build that wall. And he wants touchback amnesty to begin with so the Trump wall is a multibillion dollar waste of money.
Look up the dictionary definition of Suggestion or synonyms of it. It means plan or proposal. Which is Honestly at this time all it is. All Of Cruz's "suggestions" never went beyond that since he lost. Until Trump is elected President all hes Suggesting, Planning, proposing on now means nothing without the office the President to allow them to be put in action. As far a negotiation, How do you think laws get made in the country - with a paper and pen?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »

The wall, once built, is a $10,000,000,000 reminder to the American idiots that they paid to keep illegals out. And it will be much harder to remove it than install it.

Trump's Wall, if built, would be a $100,000,000,000 monument to the foolishness of the American voter.  Without the willpower from DC to enforce our existing laws Trump's Wall would be no more effective than no wall at all, i.e., easily defeated.  (If the Mexican cartels can construct tunnels under the Rio Grande and under the streets of El Paso, defeating Trump's Wall will be easy.)  Couple this with the ineffectiveness of the American people to influence DC politicians and all we'll have is an additional tax burden for Average Joe and politicians getting rich on wall construction.

Without the willingness to put bullets in the flesh of the invaders all efforts to stop the invasion are worthless.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 01:15:42 pm »
Look up the dictionary definition of Suggestion or synonyms of it. It means plan or proposal. Which is Honestly at this time all it is. All Of Cruz's "suggestions" never went beyond that since he lost. Until Trump is elected President all hes Suggesting, Planning, proposing on now means nothing without the office the President to allow them to be put in action. As far a negotiation, How do you think laws get made in the country - with a paper and pen?

Look up the definitions of "Fraud", Con Artist", Liar" and "Useful Idiot".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:16:58 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »

It really is something to see the contortions Trumpers will go through in order to defend all of Donny's backtracking and flip flopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 01:44:43 pm »
Look up brainwashing methods. #neverTrump needs a rinse out. Look at how many of democrat/neverTrump attack points have proven to be inaccurate or out right lies A rational person would look at the entire context and note none of the "data" you are spewing came out from before the election and all of it is from enemy camp or paid shills. You do not see Trump has such a reputation in the real world. No thousands of people with Personal Knowledge of him say what you ware saying.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:06 pm »
Damnit, this is just wrong.  There may be many reasons to fear DT, but promising to get illegal immigration under control is not one of those reasons.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:06 pm »
Look up brainwashing methods. #neverTrump needs a rinse out. Look at how many of democrat/neverTrump attack points have proven to be inaccurate or out right lies A rational person would look at the entire context and note none of the "data" you are spewing came out from before the election and all of it is from enemy camp or paid shills. You do not see Trump has such a reputation in the real world. No thousands of people with Personal Knowledge of him say what you ware saying.

Accusing people who simply disagree with you - especially those who offer evidence for their points of view - of being brainwashed, intentional liars, paid dis-informants, or else members of an evil cabal is the primary tool of propagandists everywhere.

So: knock it off. Or else those who you are maliciously accusing will have every right to judge you for what you are.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn