Author Topic: REPORT: Mizzou among worst schools for viewpoint diversity  (Read 339 times)

rangerrebew

REPORT: Mizzou among worst schools for viewpoint diversity
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:07:48 pm »
REPORT: Mizzou among worst schools for viewpoint diversity
Anthony Gockowski
Anthony Gockowski
Investigative Reporter
@AGockowski
on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM EDT

Total Shares
The report by Heterodox Academy ranks 150 schools on their commitment to viewpoint diversity, placing schools like Yale, Harvard, and Brown at the bottom of the list.

A report put out by Heterodox Academy ranks America’s top 150 universities based on their commitment to viewpoint diversity, placing once-prestigious institutions like Mizzou at the bottom of the list.

The new report ranks the nation’s top schools according to their policies on free speech, using metrics such as the “ Spotlight on Speech Codes” ratings maintained by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), as well as a school’s respective adherence to the University of Chicago’s principles of free expression.

"The academic world must have viewpoint diversity if it is to function properly."   

Additionally, Heterodox Academy surveyed all “relevant events since 2014” to determine whether or not such events “indicate a commitment by faculty, administration, and/or students to protect or restrict free inquiry.”

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8307
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:08:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: REPORT: Mizzou among worst schools for viewpoint diversity
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:09:54 pm »
I'm sure students are encouraged to express a Conservative, religious, or pro-American viewpoint at  Yale, Harvard, and Brown.

yeah I'd bet my life savings on that.  /s
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: REPORT: Mizzou among worst schools for viewpoint diversity
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:35:11 am »
Full list here:
(too complicated to copy & paste)

http://heterodoxacademy.org/resources/guide-to-colleges/