Author Topic: Employees fired for denying black woman service after closing  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Employees fired for denying black woman service after closing
White people at Portland bakery turned away for same reason
Published: 11 hours ago

The Back to Eden Bakery in Portland, Oregon, failed to live up to its name after firing two employees for denying a woman service after the business had closed for the night.

The problem, in the eyes of the owners of the vegan bakery, a same-sex married couple, was that even though the employees were properly shutting down operations at the regular 9 p.m. closing time, the woman turned away after hours was black.

It didn’t matter that they had already turned away a white woman for the same reason.

https://www.wnd.com/2018/07/employees-fired-for-denying-black-woman-service-after-closing/

Offline LMAO

Re: Employees fired for denying black woman service after closing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »
Identity politics, along with our unsustainable debt, will end up being the death of us
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:36:39 pm »
Hmmm, I was nudging my wife to finish up her questions at a tile and flooring store yesterday. She kept a couple of employees occupied a few minutes after closing time on Friday afternoon.

I usually would have kept quiet, but it was 110 degrees in Dallas, the people deserved to leave for the day.

Then she asked if I wanted to drive her to Nebraska Furniture 15 miles away...during rush hour. I politely declined. Besides, we're heading out of town next week, so I didn't want to see any quick decisions made. The house remodel project has been her baby, but I've learned enough in dealing with contractors and stores that quick decisions can turn out badly.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 03:17:56 pm »
WND catches up with news from a month and a half ago.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 03:47:03 pm »
The woman needs to check her black privilege.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »
The woman needs to check her black privilege.
Cleverly said, but the truth is that members of accredited victim groups are accorded unlimited accusation privileges, unless they choose to identify instead as a member of a presumed oppressor group, (e.g. - as a conservative), in which case they are ridiculed as traitorous apostates.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn