Author Topic: John Bolton criticizes Trump's NK strategy in first speech since White House exit  (Read 247 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
John Bolton criticizes Trump's NK strategy in first speech since White House exit
 By Louis Casiano | Fox News

John Bolton gave his "unvarnished" thoughts on the Trump administration's North Korea strategy on Monday in his first speech since his abrupt split with the White House.

Speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, Bolton suggested that North Korean leaders were happy to see the former national security advisor ousted from his position earlier this month.

North Korea “has not made a strategic decision to give up nuclear weapons,” he said,

"The strategic decision that Kim Jong Un is operating through is that he will do whatever he can to keep a deliverable nuclear weapons capability and to develop and enhance it further."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-criticizes-trumps-north-korea-stratergy-in-first-speech-since-firing

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
John Bolton criticizes Trump's NK strategy in first speech since White House exit

:yowsa: and was entirely right IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
:yowsa: and was entirely right IMHO.

100% Agree. 

Trump was foolish for giving this punk standing and credibility.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bolton said on Monday that this focus on summitry has distracted the United States from the more important issue of preventing nuclear proliferation and ensuring that North Korea does not share its nuclear know-how and become the “Amazon” of nuclear weapons, as he put it.

“These are the questions that need to focus our attention—not whether we can get another summit with Kim Jong Un,” Bolton said. Asked whether this focus on “bromance” diplomacy could perhaps generate a breakthrough, Bolton demurred and declined to comment.

Trump’s focus on keeping the diplomatic process alive has left the sanctions regime that the United States worked hard to establish exposed to circumvention. U.N. investigators have concluded that that effort is growing increasingly sophisticated and includes ship-to-ship transfers of commodities and cyberoperations to generate cash for the regime.

More at: Foreign Policy

In Firefox, press the "read" icon in the url box if you are not getting the entire story.

There are quite a few stories on this speech, perhaps at the CSIS website itself.

Offline Absalom

So Trump had a strategy??? Who knew???