Author Topic: Take A Look At These Two Comments If You Are Wondering If Donald Trump Is A Conservative  (Read 6257 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Covering the event at their home stadium, @TheVanguardUSA, the official Twitter account from the University of South Alabama’s newspaper sent these two tweets, summarizing what Trump was saying:

@TheVanguardUSA
Trump said China has smart, clever leaders while the United States has dummies. #TrumpInMobile

@TheVanguardUSA
Trump said he'll put a 35% tax on business that build factories outside the United States. #TrumpInMobile

According to Trump, America needs leaders whom are more clever than China’s – and presumably other countries as well – and to punish businesses who choose to relocate elsewhere.

Are these conservative ideas? Do they reflect limited-government free-market liberty-based principles?

Source: http://freedompost.us/2015/08/21/take-a-look-at-these-two-comments-if-you-are-wondering-if-donald-trump-is-a-conservative/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:22:51 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

I would like to know how Trump is going to get his tax idea passed through Congress???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I would like to know how Trump is going to get his tax idea passed through Congress???

I have to agree with Trump, though I think he needs to go one step further.  LOWER taxes for those who do business in the U.S. to bring back manufacturing jobs.  I also agree with his statement about China.  We need fair trade not free trade. 

With Trump, I have little worry that he will be able to bring the two parties together and accomplish what is needed to get this country out of the economic turmoil that we are in.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline kevindavis007

I have to agree with Trump, though I think he needs to go one step further.  LOWER taxes for those who do business in the U.S. to bring back manufacturing jobs.  I also agree with his statement about China.  We need fair trade not free trade. 

With Trump, I have little worry that he will be able to bring the two parties together and accomplish what is needed to get this country out of the economic turmoil that we are in.

Sorry raising taxes period is not a Conservative  value .

Offline kevindavis007

Besides his idea will be do a. Unless  he is going  to do a tax via Executive  Action

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Besides his idea will be do a. Unless  he is going  to do a tax via Executive  Action

He's not raising taxes.  He is taxing those businesses leaving the country.  I don't see that keeping businesses and jobs in this country as a bad thing.  Again, I also feel he needs to LOWER taxes to those companies who bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S.and give incentives to companies that want to do business here and LOWER taxes to corporations that are already here.  Perhaps even bringing back the work programs that Regan had during his administration.  We have one of the highest tax rates in the world.

We as a country cannot continue on the economic train wreck that we are on.  We need FAIR trade instead of FREE trade.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Paladin

By golly, I have never seen greater proof Trump is no Conservative:

"Trump said China has smart, clever leaders while the United States has dummies."

Thanks, KD.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline kevindavis007

He's not raising taxes.  He is taxing those businesses leaving the country.  I don't see that keeping businesses and jobs in this country as a bad thing.  Again, I also feel he needs to LOWER taxes to those companies who bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S.and give incentives to companies that want to do business here and LOWER taxes to corporations that are already here.  Perhaps even bringing back the work programs that Regan had during his administration.  We have one of the highest tax rates in the world.

We as a country cannot continue on the economic train wreck that we are on.  We need FAIR trade instead of FREE trade.

Sorry punishing companies for making a profit is not a conservative value.. That is more like a populist or liberal value.

Offline NavyCanDo

"Trump said he'll put a 35% tax on business that build factories outside the United States."

That would severely cripple most large American manufacturers like the company I work for, Boeing, which has a subsidiary in China building some components for our airplanes. Countries contracted to build some sections of our product is part of doing business and selling airplanes. Its good for their economy and for ours because we get to sale more airplanes and fairly compete with Airbus who is also offering manufacturing partnerships. Taking ownership over those foreign located companies gives us far more quality and pricing controls.  And it goes both ways. Foreign owned companies have moved manufacturing here as well. Hyundai for one.

Trump likes to throw raw meat out to the hungry animals salivating over his every word, who really don't understand what it would do if he actually followed through.     

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

No they are Bernie Sanders style demagoguery except the stupid insult.  Sanders is wrong but at least he is serious.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Americans want Imperial Presidencies.

The far left had Obama and now the mob of the right wants their own.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And that is how we ended up with almost half of America off the income tax rolls and an $18 trillion debt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Let's look at Ford for example because :baghead: makes such a big deal out of one of their fifty or so plants moving to Mexico. While this plant is a small percent of the product Ford would make outside this country, 40% of the cars they sell are outside this country. They are bringing a LOT of foreign cash back to local factories. They are the last company that should be picked on.

The focus shouldn't be on punishing companies who manufacture outside this country, it should be asking why they feel they have to. What conditions preclude them from manufacturing in the US, and fix that. You don't try to play social and market manipulation through tax penalties. That never works, especially in the interconnected world we live in.

Let's be frank, for a company like Ford, there are times it makes complete sense to make a product outside this country, even when not accounting for government regulatory and taxation factors.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And that is how we ended up with almost half of America off the income tax rolls and an $18 trillion debt.

Now wait a minute.

In your house, you don't justify increases in your debt level by blaming insufficient earnings to cover your expenditures. You have to limit yourself to spending no more than what you earn so you can avoid living in your used Buick.

We ended up with an $18 trillion dollar debt because government spends in excess of their income irrespective of their income. Every time we've raised taxes they've increased spending. As far as government is concerned, raising taxes in order to reduce the debt is kind of like trying to wean a heroin addict off heroin by giving them more heroin.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:32:37 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

Trump likes to throw raw meat out to the hungry animals salivating over his every word, who really don't understand what it would do if he actually followed through.     

...exactly, I still think he is playing a parody. If Stephen Colbert was going to write  script on how to be a parody of a Conservative, it would be Trump.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
...exactly, I still think he is playing a parody. If Stephen Colbert was going to write  script on how to be a parody of a Conservative, it would be Trump.

After listening to him for months now I am convinced that his staff is reading conservative comments on Internet forums and feeding lines to Trump.

Offline musiclady

Americans want Imperial Presidencies.

The far left had Obama and now the mob of the right wants their own.

That's certainly how it looks to me.

NOT a way to select a President. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

After listening to him for months now I am convinced that his staff is reading conservative comments on Internet forums and feeding lines to Trump.

I can imagine which one in particular.

Offline ABX

Offline Longiron

I am sure you are aware that most countries at least in the supposedly free markets of the world like Japan, China have TARRIFFS on goods IMPORTED into their countries??? But you know that ??? So putting a 35 % tax on building plants outside the US is bad. Lower the Corp tax rate to 17 % like Ireland and watch all the companies come back home??? But that would not create any jobs?? :chairbang: We have 90+Millon people not employed in this country and we have a labor shortage and need more illegal Invaders to come to cover these jobs? RIGHT :2gunz:

bkepley

I am sure you are aware that most countries at least in the supposedly free markets of the world like Japan, China have TARRIFFS on goods IMPORTED into their countries??? But you know that ??? So putting a 35 % tax on building plants outside the US is bad. Lower the Corp tax rate to 17 % like Ireland and watch all the companies come back home??? But that would not create any jobs?? :chairbang: We have 90+Millon people not employed in this country and we have a labor shortage and need more illegal Invaders to come to cover these jobs? RIGHT :2gunz:

Does your period key not work????

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Let me make a bold prediction.

If Trump becomes POTUS, at the end of his tenure (however long that may last) not much will be improved and much in fact be worse. He will blame Congress and the establishment on those things that are worse. He will claim victory as measured by his own standards on some issues, and his personal worth will either be at nearly a trillion dollars or will quickly raise to that level.

bkepley

Let me make a bold prediction.

If Trump becomes POTUS, at the end of his tenure (however long that may last) not much will be improved and much in fact be worse. He will blame Congress and the establishment on those things that are worse. He will claim victory as measured by his own standards on some issues, and his personal worth will either be at nearly a trillion dollars or will quickly raise to that level.

Yes and his mob will fully back his every excuse.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Yes and his mob will fully back his every excuse.

Just as the mob in charge today backs all of Obama's excuses.

Offline aligncare

888ohnoes