Author Topic: GOP chairwoman: Anyone who doesn't support Trump 'will be making a mistake'  (Read 4206 times)

Offline skeeter

This thread is comedy gold.

Offline Night Hides Not

@INVAR

Trump has people hypnotized and they are not smart enough to know it. That is the way people lose their freedom.   

That's one of the little known side effects of six dimensional chess, i.e. hypnosis.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

It's okay, but it's no Dem Plant thread.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@skeeter
Certainly better then late night TV
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline driftdiver

It's okay, but it's no Dem Plant thread.

Found your dem plant.

Offline RoosGirl

Found your dem plant.

Can you mail that to my PO Box?

Offline driftdiver

Can you mail that to my PO Box?

You probably have more of it available then I do, since I don't have any.

Offline RoosGirl

You probably have more of it available then I do, since I don't have any.

Dang, I don't have any either.  I thought it would look pretty in my greenhouse.

Silver Pines

McDaniel can step off.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/opinions/ronna-mcdaniel-tweet-is-the-death-of-the-gop-cupp-opinion/index.html

When the great ideas are gone, or when the leader of the party has neither affection nor use for them, all that's left behind is rank demagoguery. When you can no longer elucidate the ideas, or when they are too damaging to openly acknowledge, all you can do is simply make threats, demand loyalty.

That's what the party chair did. Out loud. In plain sight.

Where Republicans once stood on principle -- even those principles that were unpopular with the taste arbiters in Hollywood, the media and the intellectual elite -- now we stand, it seems, on Trump and Trump alone.

Mike Lofgren, a former career Republican congressional staff member who served on the House and Senate budget committees, lamented earlier this year in The New York Times:

"Where did its principles go? What became of Ronald Reagan's 'party of ideas'? One by one, those ideas were tossed aside for expediency and power -- except the tax cut. A time traveler from the Reagan era would no longer recognize the Republican Party, but most Republican politicians feel no embarrassment supporting policies they once condemned."

Offline Mesaclone

Of the President, it's said:

This man "is universally an admitted failure, has no will, no courage, no executive capacity … and his spirit necessarily infuses itself downwards through all departments.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:05:37 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

The President is...

“involved, coarse, colloquial, devoid of ease and grace, and bristling with obscurities and outrages against the simplest rules of syntax.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:03:03 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

The President...
“... is shattered, dazed and utterly foolish. It would not surprise me if he were to destroy himself.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:04:43 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

The nation...."is in more danger this day from [the President] and the unprincipled and fanatical faction to whom he has surrendered himself, soul and body, than from all other causes combined.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:02:38 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

The fact … begins to shine out clear, that [the President] is lost; that he will never be President again.… The obscene ape of [New York] is about to be deposed from the Washington purple, and the White House will echo to his little jokes no more.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:05:09 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

“The European powers will despise us because we have no better material out of which to make a President. The truth is, [the President] .... in the larger cities of the [Nation] could pass for no more than a facetious pettifogger. Take him from his vocation and he loses even these small characteristics and indulges in simple twaddle which would disgrace a well bred school boy.”
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:03:35 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

And finally
“People now marvel how it came to pass that [the President] should have been selected as the representative man of any party. His weak, wishy-washy, namby-pamby efforts, imbecile in matter, disgusting in manner, have made us the laughing stock of the whole world.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:04:02 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

Who knew Invar and the NeverTrumper gang were hard at work as far back as 1861? Uncanny...how well they called it with Lincoln, and of course now in the modern age, with President Trump.

Offline musiclady

Oooooooooooo............ methinks our Dem plant has arrived!   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline cato potatoe

Thing is, Mark Sanford supported Trump's agenda, to the extent that any Freedom Caucus member should.  He opposed the massive spending increases and taxes on imports.  If you recall, Trump went after the Freedom Caucus last year ... "we must fight them in 2018."  He is following through with the purge.

Offline goodwithagun

That's one of the little known side effects of six dimensional chess, i.e. hypnosis.

That and explosive diarrhea. Proof right here: https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3662887/posts
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Who knew Invar and the NeverTrumper gang were hard at work as far back as 1861? Uncanny...how well they called it with Lincoln, and of course now in the modern age, with President Trump.

That should inflate your post count a bit. 

Offline aligncare

It’s cool how a phrase can sound ominous when you bookend it with these   â€˜  ’    Ooo aaaah! Scared you didn’t I

Offline corbe

I was just informed that Lincoln was 'possibly' gay, so maybe the NL'ers were right all along.

@sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.